Thursday, October 27, 2011


Aly's Inspirations

Sharing one on one time with each one of the children is a little difficult to do when you have a house full of little bodies. But as they are getting older, and their interest are changing, I am finding unique opportunities to do so.

Aly is my early bird. The girl is up before the sun. This morning, my alarm went off, I felt movement next to me, and worried that Manny was running late, sat straight up in bed. “Manny!” “Daddy’s gone to work, Mommy. It’s just me,” was the reply that I got. My sweet girl was curled around Daddy’s pillow, trying to go back to sleep. She said she didn’t want to wake us, but she was fully awake!

We got up and started to get ready for the day. Now the early mornings are my alone time. The only alone time I get all day. So, I begin my routine. I glance at Aly and she’s quietly following me from room to room. My first instinct is to set her on course for the day. But it dawns on me, this is my opportunity to have a moment alone with her. We head over to the classroom and start to chit chat. We go over the previous day’s activities. How much she enjoyed the sewing class from last night. How much she is loving her art classes. The funny things her niece and nephews were doing to make her laugh yesterday evening. She loved that her bestie came over after school. And as she’s speaking to me, I’m watching her and I’m thinking… “My goodness, this young lady is my little girl.”

      Aly at the Botanical Grandens in Largo, FL
                
She’s going on and on, animated and enthused. Her smile lights up the room. Her movements are losing some of the clumsy childhood manners and becoming a tad more refined. She throws her head back and tosses her hair out of her face, the action is so cliché, but the effect of her long, curly hair falling is just beautiful. I sit watching her, completely in love with my child. My mind, of course, is wandering now. And as I begin to focus on her words again, I realize she’s giving me that weird look that says mommy’s lost it. HA! If she only knew that I’m trying desperately not to start crying! She’d really be worried over my mental status then!

Now, it’s not like I haven’t sat and contemplated my children before. But life is hectic, one day blurs into the next. And no matter how many times I “analyze” the kids and think I have them down pat… they will always surprise me!! I KNOW they are human beings, I KNOW that they are unique individuals, I KNOW they are growing and changing. But every now and then, I stop and look again, like this morning. And I’m in awe all over again. I am so proud of the young ladies that they are becoming. They are forming their own opinions and set of beliefs. They are growing in their relationships with God. They are teaching me life lessons everyday.

      Becky at the Botanical Gardens in
                  Largo, FL




As we wake her sisters up, and start to meander through the day, I’m making a Mental Note to Me: Cherish every moment with my girls today, everyday. Observe them, and really SEE them. Their mannerisms, habits, the things that are making them tick. Enjoy the blessings that my God has given me through my children.


               Yudith at the Botanical Gardens in Largo, FL

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog. Looks great. Now your newest follower! Come follow back if you would like to .
    www.lovinglearningathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....someone has caught the blogging bug! I hope you're having fun with your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete