Monday, October 17, 2011

Windows Open

I woke up this morning and decided to open the windows.  I live in the Tampa Bay Area in FL and it's a gorgeous 70 degrees.  Nice easy breeze. 

The girls were still asleep, they looked so peaceful that I let them sleep in.  As I roamed the house putting away all evidence of messy kids from yesterday, I looked up and spotted a neighbor staring in the general direction of my home.  I had an Aha Moment.  Gotta love those Aha Moments before coffee, I can claim them completely as mine, they are not caffeine induced spouting!

What would I have to show for myself if the windows to my heart were open for all to see?  Is there anything that I would be ashamed of letting others see?  Anything that would cause me to make me blush?

So there I am staring at my neighbor, clutching a baby doll to my chest with one hand and dangling a Disney Princess Cash Register out of the other hand, and praying...

Lord, you know my heart.  Show me, Father, how to make my heart as pure as Jesus' heart.  As innocent as my children's hearts, as unconditionally loving as Your heart.

So, now I have tears rolling down my cheeks, and yes, I did pop myself in the face with the cash register when I went to wipe the tears away.  But aside from the slight throb on my right cheek, I feel renewed and ready to start my day! 

Amazing how a simple act by a person that is not even aware of what they are doing, can make a monumental change in your life.  I do believe that my neighbor, Mr. Steve has earned a batch of homemade brownies today!!

3 comments:

  1. We are enjoying beautiful weather and open windows here, too. Welcome to blogging. I hope you continue to share your heart so clearly. I'm glad that everyone can't always see me that clearly, thankfully Jesus blood covers over so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining me on my Blog Journey, Jennifer!

    The greatest gift we have is Jesus! And so amazing that He loves us inspite of what lurks in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live in Davenport FL, I miss it! :) Love your blog!

    Swinging by 3 Crazy Monkey's (www.thebertones.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete