Monday, May 20, 2013

The Last Year in Brief Review

Hello!!  I'm back!

What a very long year it has been!  It has been exactly that time since I last blogged.  I have a burning need to visit my blog friends! I have abandoned this realm for a while due to such an overwhelming load.I seem to have been sucked into a vortex of emotion and obstacles that left me reeling. I have lost my godmother, my cousin, my grandmother, my daughter's godfather.  I am still in school,and we have become members of an awesome church, Crosspoint.  We are so happy and in love with each of our church family members. We have been touched by so many there, many without their knowing.  Friends we never thought would leave us have left, old friends we didn't have too many opportunities to share with have become solid support systems, others that were away have come close. Some are kind of in between and our household relationships have strengthened. God makes NO MISTAKES! I trusted in Him when the dynamics of our lives began to change and we have been abundantly blessed!    

And us?  Well, Manny and I have been able to reignite a part of our relationship that was smothered.  We have become best friends again.  It was a long road, one with many, many ups and downs, but it happened.  We are once again where we were in the beginning. 

I have been blessed to watch Yudith, Aly and Manny give their lives to Jesus!  The girls were baptized last year, my hubby this March.  Praise Jesus!!  He quit smoking after 30+ years. 


Yudith turned 15 and has given her talents back to God, singing on the youth band and in the church service. 

Aly has developed her writing skills, and has surprised me with her material.  Again, I have been able to watch her give her talent to God. 

Becky is growing leaps and bounds!  Her cognitive abilities have really grown.  I can barely keep up with her!  LOL!!  She is very found of her Equestrian Therapy with TherHappy!

I finished my first year back to University with a 4.0!  I have been inducted into Golden Key International Honour Society and into Alpha Sigma Lambda.  Yay me!  I am exhausted every minute of every day, but I am happy with the course my life has taken.

Emotionally, this last few months have been the hardest.  Losing my final grandparent has been so very rough.  I am really working hard at getting past the hurt, but a part of me feels so lonely.  My grandparents were such a huge part of my life that I feel like I have lost a limb.  I find myself still speaking about her as if she were living, like my brain has not accepted the fact that she's gone.  The day before Mother's Day was so very difficult.  I had no grandma left to call and congratulate.  I didn't have any stories to hear about all the calls, flowers and gestures she received.  There was no laughter from her at the stories of my girls' antics.  No grandma left to tell me she loved me, to give me the traditional 'bendiciones'. 

A few months ago, Crosspoint held a leadership conference called Momentum. My hubby, Yudith, Aly and I attended and we were blown away!!! The Spirit was moving and touching lives! We were given answers we were seeking, answers we didn't know we needed and encouragement to keep pushing forward and to boldly do His works!! One phrase that stuck out for me was "Great opportunities later require instant obedience now!" How many times have I felt something being laid on my heart and didn't jump right in because "I have too much on my plate right now". Well, maybe I need to take some things OFF my plate!! After all, He provided my plate, how can I not obey what He wants me to do? So I requested a brief break form school and canceled some appointments. Just for a few weeks, just enough to reevaluate, restructure and rest.  I have returned now with a renewed spirit and new energy. My daughters and I have begun a new club for girls in our area, on purity, building positive self-image and a support system with others girls doing life together in Christ!  We have only been an organization for a short time period and are already growing.  I feel like I am finding my niche in my teenagers' lives.  And they are inspiring me everyday!

All in all, though a few uncomfortable moments have popped up, several painful days have visited our home, we have all drawn closer to God and to each other. For that reason I will count the last year as a blessed one. Even through anguish, God has blessed our home, our family. We have grown spiritually, have given Him our joy, fears and suffering. He returns our obedience with blessings we never would have asked imagined possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment