Tuesday, September 15, 2015

WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe not a baby... a child.

Ok, maybe we're not "having" a child... we're adopting.

BUT HELLO?!  We're ADOPTING!!!!!

Manny and I, Yudith, Aly, Becky, Manny Jr. Fatima and Angie are adopting a new child into the family!!!

I can't describe to you all the feeling coursing through me at this moment.  I haven't stopped crying, smiling, laughing in days.  I have woken myself from sleep in tears.

I've felt such a strong feeling to adopt for so many years, and in recent months have had arguments with God.  I got really mad and frustrated and reproached Him.  "Why do you give me a burning desire to adopt but don't give the same feeling to my husband?"

I mean, come on!  That's just mean, cruel even.  I would show him pictures or talk to him about available children, and while we was never mean about it purposely, he would look and say something to the effect of "I hope his/her forever family show up soon."

Well, in conversation about something totally unrelated a few weeks ago, God gave me clarity.  My friend commented about the differences in our husband's reactions from our own.  How upset it made her.  I was shaking my head, ready to Amen her comment and high five over this.  Instead my mouth opened, but I'm not the one that answered.

"I'm a realist, but I still have a soft center.  Paint me a picture and I'm sold.  I'm all in or not at all.  Manny balances me out.  He remains stoic, he takes his time to make a decision.  Usually, it's not the answer I want, but it's (almost) always the answer I need in the long run."

She curled her lip like I asked her to lick the floor.   I wanted to slap myself, because REALLY?!  How submissive did that sound?

However, the reality is that it's the truth.  One hundred percent.  Even if I'm loath to admit it.

Now, fast forward a few months after my meltdown with God.  I changed my prayers.  "Lord, if it's your will that we adopt, then please soften his heart.  If not, take this desire in me and redirect it."  Friday night, I'm casually checking my Facebook on the couch while he's watching TV.   My friend posted a link to a site I've been on for years, Reece's Rainbow.  They advocate adoptions of children with Down Syndrome.  I passed it, then decided to go back and open it because I felt pulled to it.  Just one more time, I told myself.

As soon as the link opened and I saw that adorable little face, those gorgeous eyes, and that smile!  Oh, man!  My breath caught in my throat and my tears started flowing.  I felt that most complete love instantly.  Exactly like the love that floods you when you look at your newborn for the first time.

My heart recognized 
her as mine.  

Manny was worried and asked what was going on.  I turned the phone to him and showed him her picture.   He took one look at her and his face transformed.  He got the goofiest smile on his face.  His eyes took on a soft, dreamy look.  I finally got myself under control.  I told him how I felt, I read her description to him.  We briefly discussed attempting.  He didn't commit to anything, and instead we decided to just pray on it.

The next day he went to work, I was doing homework... and researching agencies.  And looking at her picture.  And dreaming.  And crying.  And lying to my mom (she called and when she heard my voice she asked why I was crying, I couldn't say anything so I said I wasn't feeling well.  Which I was, because I just lied to my mother.).  And crying some more while looking at her picture.  And asking my friend that has already adopted about the whole process in detail.

Manny came home from work, took one look at me and with the most amazing smile on his face said, "Let's bring my girl home!"

And cue more crying, and hugging, and kissing and crying and hugging.... you get the picture.

That was step one.

Then I sent emails to the agency, and so began the wait to see if the country she's in would even consider us.

Yesterday I called after work and spoke to a sweet lady that said based on our initial, preliminary answers, she didn't see any red flags for them to not consider us!

So I won't bore you with the details now, I'll do so later as everything unfolds, but I was about to come out of my skin!!!!!

Manny walked in the door from work and I just about tackled him! LOL!  Seriously, I did!

So now we've informed the family... the kids all know, the parents know.  The extended family knows.  Our friends know.  Fundraising efforts have begun.  It's becoming more real.

And my excitement level just keeps escalating.  I've made some of the dumbest mistakes in the last few days.  Pregnancy brain without the pregnancy.  Hee hee!  But I'm so overjoyed that it's ok.

I know the path ahead of us is full of long nights, running around in sudden bursts of activity, long waits, and patience being tested.  It going to be full of worry and working extra hard to earn the money to bring her home.  But just like all the obstacles we faced with the other children, she is worth everything and anything that comes.

I would like to ask you all to join us in prayer.  That the country accept our paperwork, that they match us to this precious angel, that no one else commit to her before we can get the funds for that step.  Please keep us in prayer that we keep our calm, the peace He has filled us with, that the added stress of the adoption process bring us closer and not come between us.  That all our children, those at home, and our angel abroad, are safe.  That soon we can send word her way that her Forever Family has found her and is working hard to come get her!

Thank you!


If you'd like to donate to our adoption, please do so through my PayPal account!  adlin26@yahoo.com

We appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment