Monday, January 23, 2012

Trans-species??

Buddy, our Dachshund, has decided to move into our bedroom.  He's dragged his bed and blanket over to my side of the bedroom, doesn't like any other space in the room, he sleeps in the corner, closest to the head of the bed, next to me.  From day one, this has been my dog.  Can you tell? 


The last few days have been noisy for him.  Buddy usually is very quiet.  Never barks, and is not into whimpering.  But for three days now, he is making a whole lot of noise, at night.  As I'm sleeping.  In my room.  What the heck, Dude?!  So my FB status the other morning reflected. 


"Its 2:50 am and I can't sleep because buddy has decided to sleep on the floor next to my side of the bed, and he's freaking snoring. I move him, he quiets down, then he puffs air at me and starts snoring again. REALLY, DUDE!!?? I take him out of my room, and before I'm back in bed, he's dragged his bed back to my side of the bedroom again. He thinks he's boss. Sigh... he is boss, cuz he's still here and I'm still listening to his snores! LOL!!"


Yesterday morning, Manny and I woke up to what sounded like someone popping bubbles.  We're both sitting up and trying to figure out who is playing at 3 am with bubbles, when out of the corner of the room.... a wet, loud bubble pop.  "Buddy, REALLY?  Blowing saliva bubbles?"  I really do believe that he thinks he's a person.  He does love to play dress up, and looks so cute in his sweater, like a little man.  But I think this is just too much!


The day is rolling by and I'm on the couch napping, he curls up at my feet to sleep and starts to make a noise similar to a fire alarm chirp when the batteries are dying out.  OMG!! You've got to be kidding me!!  WHY is he doing THAT?  LOL!!


Now, obviously, I'm no dog whisperer... but I think my canine has trans-species issues.  I don't think he knows if he's a human kid blowing bubbles,  a chirping bird, or a cat (always coughing up hair balls, different story for another day).  I wonder if there's a doggy therapist anywhere in our town?  I'm the meantime, I guess, we'll have to settle for loving him as he is.  Crazy, lovable, cuddly Dude that he is...

  This is Buddy, wearing one of Becky's aprons.  He actually wanted to keep it on!!

1 comment: