Thursday, January 26, 2012

BACK TO SCHOOL!!

I have been trying to get back into school for the last 15 years.  There was always "something" that kept me from it.  No money, denied financial aid, now is not the time, another pregnancy, another disaster, etc.

In conversation with Yudith the other day, I was talking to her about the importance of not only going for your dreams, but following through with them.  After we finished speaking, I decided to write out my Bucket List.  I know cliche, but give me a break!  ;)

I'm not going to go into details about my B.L. except for the going back to school one.  I decided that I was not wasting another moment.  I got on my computer, starting researching what I want to go back for, where I could attend.  The pros and cons of traditional college vs online.  Full time vs part time status.  How much it cost in different places.  I spoke to an admission counselor in several different schools.  Two days later, I've completed my financial aid packet, and am sitting waiting on my approval.

It came last night!  I am now officially a student at Ashford University, enrolled in the Liberal Arts Program, for a Bachelors Degree in Social Services!  YAY, ME!!!  I was bouncing off the walls!!  If I could do cartwheels, I would've been doing them last night!!  But I decided against it, since I have no desire to visit the ER...

I dreamt with books, long study nights, discussions, debates, thesis papers.  I was loving it.  Then the reality set in this morning.  Crap. Long study hours, expensive books, loooong involved thesis papers...beginning to hyperventilate at this point.  It has been so long since I went to college.  What was I thinking signing up for it again.  I started to really doubt myself and my ability to be able to do this.  Then I "heard" it.  The wonderful confirmation that I needed, as I was laying in bed,




Peace.  Joy.  Determination.  Those feelings flooded my body, my spirit, my soul as I realized that I am not doing this in my strength, but in His.  My God set me on this path, He was the One causing the fervor that I had for two days to get enrolled, come what may.  He allowed financial aid to come through, when it has been denied so many times before!  What do I have to worry about, when He has set my course!!

So, I jumped out of bed, and decided that my home office needs a little bit of something added to it in preparation of my first day of school January 31st.  I am making myself a plaque with Jeremiah 29:11 on it to set next to my computer.  So that when the long nights start to tire me out, I can look at it and be reminded that God has designated this path for me, and that He has my reward waiting for me at the end.  Prosperity.  And a future filled with HOPE!  Success will be mine! In Jesus Christ's Name!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and the energy you put into each post. Best of luck at school tomorrow. And you are right, all things are possible only through Him that redeemed us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! I'm having a great time with school already! I'm a littel overwhelmed, but it feels GREAT to be back!

    ReplyDelete