Thursday, February 18, 2016

Onwards!

Is it really mid February already?!  

I feel like I haven't had a chance to do anything other than paperwork, fundraise, school, work.  I think somewhere in there I feed the family.  At least, I'm assuming I do because they're all still alive and thriving.  

So much has happened in a short time.  We finished our Home Study and it's in review with the agency.  We have our paperwork for immigration ready and waiting to attach the final home study to and mail out.  We attempted to prep for the dossier.  Attempted.  I ended up just about pulling all my hair out.  I decided it was worth hiring a courier service to handle this portion.  It's too important and I'm too overwhelmed to do it myself.  Perspective is important here.  So my new best friend is Laura from Assistant Stork.  Yes, ma'am!

We received a video update of our girl!  EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!  SHE'S TOO STINKING CUTE!!!  I think Youtube is going to be charging me royalties if I keep watching her.  Seriously, though, how can I not watch it every day?  Several times?  Ok, I MAY be a little exaggerated.  But I'd like to meet the person that's going to enforce a viewing limit on this momma.  

Ok, ok, you've twisted my arm.... I'll share!  But first, I should watch it one more time just in case....


Lucy's birthday is coming up and it's bringing some bittersweet feelings.  I want to send her a cake and gift, but I'm so sad we won't be with her on her special day.  I've been told to keep it cool, we'll have many birthdays later... I'm just not sure my heart can handle that right now even though my brain recognizes the truth in the words.

We've been busy with yard sales, auctions, and selling online.  We also began a Puzzle Fundraiser.  We took one of the pictures of Lucy and had it made into a 500 piece puzzle.  Each piece represents a 'property'.  You can purchase as many properties as you'd like, at $15 a piece.  I write your name on each piece.  Once it's complete we will mount it in a two sided frame so Lucy can always see the people that helped to bring her home!  I can't wait until it's complete!  Only 420 more properties to go!  Yay!


                              
The other exciting development is that we now have several methods to collect donations!  We have an FSP through Reece's Rainbow so you can print a tax deductible receipt for your donation.  You can find that here. (BTW, browse around, maybe your son/daughter calls to you from the pages!  This is where we 'found' our girl!)


We also have a youcaring.com account, which you can find here:


Of course, there's always the paypal.com method.  Our account is adlin26@yahoo.com

You can follow us on FB at 


Like always, I ask you to keep praying for our family!  Keep praying for our sweet Lucy!  Please share our story with your friends and family.  Everything we have been able to do so far has been through the generosity of family, friends and strangers.  We appreciate everyone of you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment